It’s back to school for many of us after what we hope was a lovely summer break! As always, we have an exciting line-up over the coming months with our online events programme resuming, new content features and various updates. This week we bring you some useful “back to school” resources and a preview of what we have in store.
Back to School Resources
The following are some of our resources that you might find useful as you embark upon the year ahead:
- Learning pieces – If you’re learning (or teaching) a new piece then why not try our free email course which introduces a process, principles and practice tools for more efficient and effective learning. Click here to sign-up.
- Examinations – We have an extensive library of piano examination resources featuring 100+ videos and have recently added new videos on preparing for sight reading and aural tests. We will soon be adding new videos on preparing for a performance and the new Trinity piano syllabus. Click here for further details and links.
- Music theory for pianists – A knowledge of music theory enables you to learn repertoire faster and to interpret it more authentically. If you’re preparing for an exam or would like a music theory refresher then take a look at our new series There’s More to Playing the Piano on the Online Academy.
Upcoming Content & Features
Our publishing schedule features several exciting new collections and various additions to existing ones. Highlights include:
- New Sonatas in our Beethoven on Board project
- A set of resources on studies and exercises for developing the left hand and an arrangement of a Bach cello suite for the left hand by Graham Fitch
- Several videos on exercises, studies and various aspects of technique, including octaves, will be added to our growing technique library
- New study editions featuring works by Bach and Brahms
- Resources for the Trinity examination syllabus featuring a selection of repertoire from each grade
We will also be launching a new online course on teaching healthy, expressive piano technique by Penelope Roskell based on her acclaimed book, The Complete Pianist. Click here to find out more or here to sign-up for updates on this project.
Next online Events
Our online events programme resumes in September with a workshop by Penelope Roskell on tone production on 17th September. Our next practice clinic will take place @ 12:00 BST on 22nd September. Please visit our courses and events page for further details.
Lastly, October is a special month for us in that the Online Academy will be turning five and we have various festivities planned to celebrate this milestone! Please click here for further information and be sure to sign-up to our mailing list here for further updates and details.