It’s back to school for many of us for many of us after what we hope was a lovely summer break! Although we took a break from our events programme in August, we published loads of content during the course of the month. This includes numerous repertoire resources, technique lessons and a sight-reading mini course. We’ve also been busy shooting lots of videos and working on some exciting new projects!
The following content was added to the Online Academy in August:
- The final videos in Graham Fitch’s series showing how Hanon’s exercises can be used creatively as a blank canvas to experience and develop movements
- Another lesson and performance in Beate Toyka’s guide to Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier, “Step into the ’48“ for the Prelude & Fugue in B Minor from Book 2
- The final instalment in our collection of videos for the ABRSM syllabus which now contains videos for over sixty pieces from across the entire syllabus!
- A new From the Ground Up edition featuring Mendelssohn’s first Song Without Words
- A new mini-course for elementary and intermediate pianists teaching five skills you need to become an excellent sight-reader!
Improve Your Piano Technique With Graham Fitch
Our events programme kicks off on 30th September with Graham Fitch presenting a set of online workshops on piano technique, from an overview of the basic fundamentals through to incorporating forearm rotation, mastering scales & arpeggios, using exercises and studies effectively and inventing exercises from your own pieces. Click here to find out more or to book your place.
Our practice clinics will resume on the 21st of September with Graham answering questions on works by Schubert, Bach and Maikapar. Our next in-person events will be a performance workshop in October and a day focussing on romantic music in November (further details to follow soon!). We will also be scheduling further online events, including new dates in our PTC Live series.
Upcoming Content & Features
Our publishing schedule features several exciting new collections and various additions to existing ones. Highlights include:
- New video lessons on popular pieces and hidden gems by Graham Fitch, Fred Karpoff and William Westney
- Many works from Bach’s Well Tempered Klavier added to Beate Toyka’s series “Step into the ’48“
- An online course in establishing sound technical foundations by Penelope Roskell for adult beginners and returners
- An annotated study edition by Graham Fitch using a novel approach to indicating fingering and hand redistributions with comprehensive videos for a challenging work by Bach
- An extenive collection of detailed videos on practice tools and deep learning techniques by Graham Fitch
Click here to sign-up for our newsletter to receive further news and updates on these and other initiatives!
Practising the Piano Online Academy
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is the ultimate online resource for pianists and teachers, featuring a comprehensive and growing library of the best teaching and insights from renowned pedagogues.
Sign-up for an annual subscription to the Online Academy and get:
- Access to 1000+ videos and articles on practising, technique, repertoire, teaching, sight-reading, healthy playing and much more
- Ongoing updates and new content for the duration of your subscription
- 40% off our popular online workshops and events, including recordings and resources from past events
- Opportunities to submit your questions to our regular “practice clinics”
- A collection of eBook and annotated study edition downloads valued at over £70 (annual subscriptions only)!
Click here to subscribe for as little as £13.99 per month or £119.99 per year!