We are currently taking a break over the Festive Season and will resume our various activities in the New Year. Our events programme will kick-off with a presentation on interpretation and a performance workshop on the 14th of January. We will also be starting off the year with a series of initiatives themed around learning new pieces. These include online workshops on related topics, updates to our free email course and many other resources featuring a wide range of repertoire.
In the meantime, we thought we’d leave you with some highlights and links to our most popular content and events from the last year:
The following were some of our highlights from 2022:
- New Premises – In the latter part of the year we moved into new premises in central London. This new studio is sound-proofed with a leased-line connection making it perfect for filming and running online and in-person events.
- London Piano Courses – The new studio has enabled us to develop our events programme further to offer a combination of in-person attendance and online participation. We ran a variety of different sessions including performance workshops, presentations and a technique workshop (click here to find out more about these events).
- ABRSM Videos – Our first shoots in the new premises featured resources for the ABRSM 2023 & 2024 syllabus. We’ve since shot videos for 70+ works from the syllabus with almost twenty available on our site already and more to follow in due course. Click here to view an index of the available videos.
- New Content – In addition to the above, the Online Academy’s library saw many new additions, including the last module of our Advanced Sight-Reading Curriculum, several resources on exercises and studies, a new series on Bach’s Well-Tempered Klavier and welcoming of a new author, Fred Karpoff.
- Free Events – As part of our online workshops programme, we ran three free events on practising, memorisation and playing fast with the latter being filmed in our new studio.
Most popular content
- Tips for Learning New Pieces Faster
- Bringing Baroque Music to Life
- The Transcriptions of Alexander Siloti
- Creating a Beautiful Piano Sound
- Brahms’s Late Piano Works
And these were the most popular Online Academy series:
- 25 Easy and Progressive Etudes (Op. 100)
- A Guide to the ABRSM Syllabus (2023 & 2024)
- Jailbreaking Hanon
- Healthy Piano Playing
- A Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus (2021 – 2023)
The following were some of the most popular events from our programme:
- Baroque Day
- Elementary Technique Workshop
- Aspects of Style in the Baroque, Classical and Romantic Periods
- The Pedal – The Soul of the Piano
- How to Create a Beautiful Sound
And lastly, our most popular YouTube videos were:
- Teaching Healthy Expressive Piano Technique – Playing Fast Scales
- Chopin – Fantasie Impromptu – How to Manage the 4:3 Polyrhythm
- A recording of our Piano Practice Clinic with Graham Fitch (12th October 2022)
Thanks again to all of our readers and subscribers for your support over the last year. As always, we are hard at work on many exciting new projects which we look forward to sharing with you soon!