We are currently taking a break over the Festive Season and will resume our various activities in the New Year. Our events programme will kick-off on 25th January with an online workshop on sight-reading followed by a showcase of repertoire ideas at all levels presented by Graham Fitch on 3rd February.
There will also be many content updates and new videos published on the Online Academy to help you get your pianistic initiatives for 2024 off to a fantastic start! These include video lessons on a wide range of works, resources for developing skills like sight-reading and improving your knowledge of music theory, additions to existing series and the first instalments in a new series of modules on deep learning techniques and practice tools.
In the meantime, we thought we’d leave you with some highlights and links to our most popular content and events from the last year!
The following were some of our highlights from 2023:
- Studio & visitors – After securing new premises in London last year, our studio saw extensive use in 2023 with numerous shoots and a variety of online and in-person events. We were also treated with visits from two fantastic pedagogues from across the pond, William Westney and Fred Karpoff, who both came to film with us and present workshops.
- ABRSM project completed – Our project creating video lessons for the 2023 & 2024 ABRSM syllabus was completed and features detailed videos for over 70 works! This collection serves as an essential guide for teachers and candidates but is also a great resource for repertoire ideas even if you’re not taking an exam! Click here to view an index of the available videos.
- Event highlights – We ran a variety of events including online and in-person performance workshops and two free events with Penelope Roskell and Graham Fitch. Graham presented several events, including a popular series on technique, interactive workshops on practising and deep learning plus a day dedicated to playing music form the Romantic period. We were also delighted to have the opportunity to host an adaptation of William Westney’s unique alternative to the traditional masterclass.
- New content – Lots of new content was published throughout the year on a variety of topics including repertoire, technique, sight-reading, teaching and music theory. Our repertoire library now covers almost 300 works and our technique library saw several additions.
- Foundations in Piano Technique – In October we launched a comprehensive technique course for adult beginner and returning pianists by Penelope Roskell. Foundations in Piano Technique teaches excellent technique in 25 video lessons with numerous musical examples, notes, backing tracks and exercises. Click here to find out more.
Most popular blog posts
- A Fantasy Analysis of Brahms Op. 118 No. 2
- My Sight Reading Story
- Rediscovering Bach’s Prelude in C
- Why Perform as an Amateur?
- Exercises for Trills
- Tips for Better Piano Technique
- Tips for Learning New Pieces Faster
Thanks again to all of our readers and subscribers for your support over the last year. As always, we are hard at work on many exciting new projects which we look forward to sharing with you soon!