We’re pleased to announce the publishing of a new annotated study edition featuring one of the most iconic works by Chopin, the Fantasie-Impromptu (Op. Posth. 66).
New edition features
This new edition is an extension to our original series of six videos providing a walk-through of the work and it’s various technical challenges. In addition to these original videos, the edition features:
- Urtext and annotated versions of the score with 34 detailed annotations covering everything from interpretation, hand distribution, technical exercises, ornaments, practice tips, fingering and pedalling
- Three practice worksheets which offer a step-by-step approach to tackling specific challenges within the work, including the polyrhythms
- Fifteen demonstration videos linking to annotations and worksheets via QR codes (if using a print copy) or clickable links (if viewing digitally)
The following is an example of one of the annotations illustrating how to approach the right hand patterns in bar 12 using forearm rotations and inward / outward movements when playing on the black or white keys:
How to access it?
If you have an annual subscription to the Online Academy then this new study edition and the accompanying multimedia content is included within your subscription. Click here to download the edition from your library or click here to view the online content.
The edition can also be purchased as a stand-alone product from our store. Click here to purchase for £13.99.
Other study editions
- Brahms Intermezzo in A Major (Op. 118 No. 2)
- Brahms Intermezzo in A Minor (Op. 76 No. 7)
- Debussy The Girl with the Flaxen Hair
- Chopin Nocturne in C# Minor (Op. Posth.)
- Schubert Impromptu No. 2 in E-Flat Major (Op. 899)
- JS Bach Prelude and Fugue No. 2 in C Minor (Book 1)
- Ravel Sonatine
- Byrd Coranto